Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles

Today I woke up early with my husband, made him breakfast and drove him to work just down the street. I read for a bit but then went back to sleep and was more tired than I thought because I slept in quite a bit.

I went for a long walk and hit up every dollar store around the area with the goal to find a beach blanket and a popsicle mold. It was 36 degrees out today so I wanted to make something for dessert that we could cool down with.

I did find a beautiful sandy beach about 5min away which I will visit tomorrow. I tried wading in the water which was cool and clear but it just felt wrong to jump right in, I prefer to lounge on the beach for awhile first before working up the courage to go swimming.

We bought some organic strawberries at Choices the first night we got here which I am excited to use. Organic fruit tastes the best but can go rotten more quickly than normal fruit so I have to use them up over the next few days. I found a very intriguing recipe for strawberry popsicles using balsamic vinegar but we did not bring any up with us so when I buy some will be able to try them out.

Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles

Ingredients:
- 1 cup washed organic strawberries
- 1 cup organic nonfat vanilla yogurt



Method:
1. Use a straw to push the stems out of the strawberries.


2. Roughly chop strawberries and place in magic bullet or blender with yogurt.


3. Quickly pulse ingredients a few times until they are blended, but chunks of strawberries still remain.

4. Spoon strawberry chunks into the bottom of a popsicle mold and fill up the remainder of the mold with the blended liquid.


5. Wipe up any spills with a napkin so the popsicles can be easily removed when frozen.


6. Place the popsicle sticks in firmly and put in a level space in your freezer for at least 1hr.

 

No comments: